Friday, May 25, 2012

Your Emergency Office Supplies | Wall Street Oasis

Your Emergency Office Supplies | Wall Street Oasis

Your Emergency Office Supplies Forum's RSS Feed Share

DrPeterVenkman's picture
TiredAtWork.jpg
Often while you are at your office you find yourself in need of several things that one wouldn't normally expect to be in an office. This is why I keep emergency office supplies.
Here is my list:
Medicine: Ever had to work while extremely hungover or sick? This is why office medicine supplies are a must-have. I'm lucky enough to not have to deal with allergies, but I know they can quickly cripple some people's ability to do anything.
What do you have in your emergency office supplies? Did I miss anything important?
  • Extra Shirt and Socks: Another must have. Ever spill something on your shirt at lunch? It doesn't happen often, but if it does happen you look like an idiot. Most people I know don't have closets in their office (including me) so I put a nicely folded shirt in a drawer for backup. Socks are for in case you step in a puddle. Wet socks are the worst.
  • Grooming/Hygiene Supplies: I know a guy who won't go anywhere without his comb. Sometimes it can be nice to have some deodorant, cologne, toothbrush, mouthwash or other related items.
  • Food: Sometimes you have to skip lunch. It's good to have a few granola bars or a banana or something in your desk just in case you don't have time to grab some real food.
  • Workout Clothes: I know many of WSOers don't have much time to workout, so sometimes its nice to have a small sack with some workout clothes so you can go straight to the gym or workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment